KeyPoint Credit Union makes it easy to start your first banking relationship! Our Starting Point Program is designed to help you open your first checking account, get your first car loan and a line of credit. These important accounts will help you build your credit history and create a successful financial future.
Unlike a bank, KeyPoint Credit Union is owned by its members, so decisions are always made in the best interest of our entire membership. This allows us to offer financial products and services to meet your needs!
Your checking account can do much more than accept deposits and pay bills, so it’s important to choose the right checking account for your specific needs. KeyPoint has several checking accounts, including one with rebates on your ATM transaction fees, checking accounts that pay interest on your balances, and more! All KeyPoint checking accounts are free with direct deposit1, and have Passport Rewards with discounts at participating restaurants, merchants and retailers.
Interested in learning how to manage a checking account? Take our free online course to Get In Balance!
Buying your first car is exciting, but saving money to pay cash can take a very long time. KeyPoint’s Starting Point program can approve you for your first auto loan, and lets you purchase your first car now!
- Rates as low as 2.24% APR*
- Down payment as low as 10%
- Discounted rate when you set up automatic loan payments from a KeyPoint checking or savings account
- Get a discount if your vehicle is a qualified Green Vehicle
Signature Line of Credit
An unsecured line of credit lets you borrow cash when you need it, and helps you build that important credit history. You can borrow from your line of credit and pay back a little at a time, or all at once. Use the money to pay travel expenses, buy furniture or pay for a wedding!
- Rates as low as 8.45% APR* with qualifying discounts
Get Started Now!
KeyPoint has three easy ways to join the Starting Point program:
- Visit any KeyPoint branch location
- Click here to Open an account online and Apply for a loan
- Call (888) 255-3637 to apply by phone (Checking Account must be opened online or at a branch)
Be sure to use Promo Code SPP so we know you’re applying for the Starting Point program!
What happens next?
- A loan representative will contact you to review loan rates, rate discounts, and the specific documents required
- Recent paycheck stubs or other proof of income, such as an offer letter from your employer if you’ve been employed less than one month
- To qualify for this program there is a minimum income requirement
- Valid driver’s license or passport
- Social Security ID card
- Others items may be required, depending on your situation
- We will schedule an appointment for you to sign the loan agreement
- We will fund your loan (directly to a car dealer, or setting up your line of credit)
1A monthly direct deposit of at least $500 is required to waive the monthly fee.
*APR = ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE. APRs are accurate as of 9-1-13; are dependent on creditworthiness, qualification for discounts and other factors; and are subject to change without notice. Lower credit quality, longer terms and a different type of loan will affect the final rate. Your actual APR will be determined when a credit decision is made, and may be higher than the lowest rate available. Auto loan rates range from 2.24% to 19.00% APR. Pay $28.75 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 2.24% APR for 36 months. Pay $23.38 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 19.00% APR for 72 months. Signature Line of Credit rates range from 8.45% to 19.00% APR. The APR is variable and based on the Prime Rate as published in The Wall Street Journal Money Rates Table (the \"Index\") plus a margin. New Lines of Credit rates may be reduced up to .75% for other qualifying discounts (.25% for automatic loan payments, .25% when used as overdraft protection, and .25% if you advance at least 50% of the credit limit at the time the line is opened). Pay $45.43 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 8.45% APR for 24 months. Pay $36.66 per month per $1,000 borrowed at 19.00% APR for 36 months.