Be money-wise and book-smart when you head off to college. KeyPoint Credit Union offers the Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae® for borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
With college costs skyrocketing, you need a student loan from a California credit union that understands your situation. Take advantage of multiple repayment options and competitive interest rates for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
Here’s how the Smart Option Student Loan helps you:
KeyPoint is committed to helping our members invest in higher education. That's why we partnered3 with Sallie Mae. Sallie Mae has helped more than 30 million Americans pay for college since 1972. Members should explore grants, scholarships, federal and state student loans, and consider carefully the impact that student loan debt would have on your financial situation. Apply online today or call (877) 458-8285 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. PST.
- Check Rates and Apply
- Get the money you need: Borrow up to 100% of school-certified cost of attendance (minimum $1,000).
- A choice of competitive rates for undergraduate students. Variable interest rates from 2.25% APR to 9.37% APR. We also offer fixed interest rates from 5.74% APR to 11.85% APR.1
- Pay now or later: Defer your payments until after school, or choose an in-school repayment option that fits your needs.1
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty.
- Lower your interest rate: Receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction while enrolled to make scheduled payments by automatic debit.2
- Get a quick credit result: Applying online is fast and easy. It only takes about 15 minutes to apply and get a credit result.
1 Interest rates for the Fixed and Deferred Repayment Options are higher than for loans with the Interest Repayment Option. APRs for borrowers attending non-degree-granting institutions range from 7.99% to 13.62% with an origination fee up to 5%. Origination fees mean application or disbursement fees. Variable rates may increase after consummation. Interest is charged while you are in school and during the 6 month separation period. Any interest that remains unpaid when you enter full repayment will be added to your loan balance.
2 Recurring payments must be successfully deducted from a designated account for rate reduction to apply. Benefit suspended during forbearances and certain deferments.
3 We are compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Smart Option Student Loan customers.